- Responding to coronavirus outbreak, we’re taking our meetups online.
- This meetup will happen on Zoom & can be viewed from anywhere.
- You will receive the link to join the meetup on your registered email id by 23rd March.
- All you need is a good wifi connection and a fully charged laptop/mobile with the Zoom App installed.
- 10:30 am to 11 am will be networking session. Learn, share your work problems and know how others tackle them. You may even end up working together
- We'll be connecting the speaker & attendees with each other post the session as well
- The speaker session will begin at 11 am
- This is a Beginner level meetup
- We have a special discount for students. Email a copy of your student id to avail it
- If you're not from India and want to attend the meetup, email us and we'll share a PayPal link with you
About the speaker:
Diptiman Purbey, Data Scientist 2 at Microsoft
- At Microsoft, he has developed keyword and category based triggering for Microsoft Bing Events Segment
- Prior to that he was a Data Scientist at Bluepi Consultancy where he designed and developed automatic keyword extraction for English and Hindi news articles and created an imaged based product recommendation system for apparel company
- He has also worked as a Associate Program Manager at Ola
What will be discussed?
- Defining & approaching a data science problem
- How to create training data
- Choosing, creating & fine tuning ML models
- Metrics to track in machine learning business problems
Case studies on 3 applications of data science:
- Keyword extraction for English & Hindi content using NLP & ML techniques
- Creating a generic keyword based approach for answering search engine queries
- Category prediction of events using BERT & neural networks
Who should attend?
- Data Scientists
- Aspiring Data Scientists
29 total visits