Kodaikanal. Sure you have heard this name before!
It's one of the best hill stations you will ever come across in southern India with it's altitude of 2100 meters above Sea level, cold weather & thick forest cover through out the year. It's a very famous honeymoon destination too!
But we will mostly explore offbeat side of this pristine hill station in this backpacking trip. Away from main tourist attractions are mountain villages interspersed with pristine lakes, deep valleys and pine forests. After crisscrossing between mostly untouched places, we will visit Vattakanal village and do Dolphin Nose trek. We will also indulge in Village Walk, cover few tourist attractions, and end the trip with a tinge of Kodaikanal's famous lake and shopping.
It's time you #getmuddie at The Princess Of Hills - Kodaikanal!
- Total slots for trip: usually 10 or more people
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner included
- Stay: At our lovely Homestay on sharing basis : Natural AC in Kodai
- Trek difficulty: Easy
- Tempo traveler or mini-bus (Non AC)
- Starting time: Friday 8 PM (Long journey to do)
- Ending time: Monday 6 AM
- Pickup/drop locations: Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 ft Road, Koramangala Sony World, Silk Board, Electronic City toll
- Dolphin's Nose Trek
- Mannavannur Lake
- Poombarai Village view
- Rabbit Farm
- Village Walk
- Tourist attractions: Kodaikanal Lake, Pillar Rocks, Guna Caves, Pine Forest
Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from Bangalore, overnight journey
Day 1 ( Saturday) :
- Drive to Kodaikanal, check into our Homestay, freshen up
- Have a fulfilling Breakfast
- Go for a village walk, explore step mountain fields, converse with locals
- Delicious Lunch at our Homestay
- Drive to Vattakanal, trek to thrilling Dolphin Nose, take a stroll in the streets of this Hippie haven
- Time permits, visit couple of tourist places like Pine Forest, Guna Caves and Pillar Rock
- Get back to Homestay, hot Chai in the evening chill
- Bonfire in the very cold weather, hot dinner & have those long conversations all of us have been longing for!
- Rest for the night
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Start the day with nice breakfast
- Say bye to Homestay
- Hit the mountains, drive through picturesque valleys & curved roads to the beautiful lake conserved by Forest department
- Go on an optional coracle ride if you wish to
- Small nature walk around the lake to reach far end of the lake that has wooden bridge & pose for innumerable selfies!
- Have Lunch at local restaurant
- Visit Rabbit farm, pose with them, munch freshly grown sweet carrots & pineapple!
- Stop by at Poobarai village for hot Chai
- Get back to Kodai town & visit the man made lake, go on famous Cycling if you wish to, shop your bags full of spices, Eucalyptus oil, Chocolates, at a flea market around the lake.
- Head back towards BLR, dinner on our way
Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach home early in the morning
- In case The Lake is closed by Forest Dept because of local reasons, we shall take you to another good place. There are plenty of awesome places, not to worry :)
- Please read other important tabs like "Cost, Inclusions & Exclusions", "Terms & Conditions" and "Refund Policy" before registering
- Feel free to contact the Organizers of Muddie Trails if any doubt or concern. We are happy to help :)
- Stay at our lovely Home stay
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non Veg)
- Bonfire (If it doesn't rain at the time)
- Local guide for Village walk
- Entry tickets for all tourist places
- Forest department entry tickets for the lake & research zone
- Organizer from MT to look after all activities & entertainment!
- Sunday Lunch, Dinner
- Coracle ride, Cycling etc.
- Any misc. expenses that are not mentioned in inclusions above
7 total visits