Thrilling trek to Gorakhgad
Height: 2137 feet
Base village: Dehri
Gorakhgad is a fort that can be visited in a day's time, quite reachable from Mumbai and Pune. Though the history of the fort is not known, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its thrilling experience of climbing the vertical rock wall and breath-taking views. This region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover.
This fort is named after Saint Gorakhnath who is said to have performed penance here. No major battle is recorded to have taken place here. The rock-cut caves and water cisterns here indicate that it was used to look over the nearby region and as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough water and accommodation place.
Tentative Itinerary :
Day 1 :
We will board 10:50 pm CST - Kasara Slow local.
CSMT : 10:50 pm
Byculla : 10:57 pm
Dadar : 11:05 pm
Kurla : 11:13 pm
Ghatkopar : 11:18 pm
Mulund : 11:30 pm
Thane : 11:34 pm
Dombivali : 11:57 pm
Kalyan : 12:07 am.
Titwala : 12:21 am
Day 2 : Meet at Titwala Station
12:30 am : Leave for the base village by Pvt vehicle
02:30 am : Reach base village and rest
03:30 am : Start Trek post Introduction session.
06:30 am : Reach Caves explore
07:30 am : Reach Summit and explore, photography, snacks.
08:30 am : Start Descending
12:00 pm : Reach base village and have lunch.
01:00 pm : Start Return journey
03:30 pm : Reach Titwala and disperse.
Event Cost: Rs 850
(Rs 50 off per head on a group of 3 or more)
- Travelling from Titwala to Base village and return.
- Lunch for Sunday
- First Aid
- Guide and Expertise charges
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Any expenses that are not mentioned in the inclusions.
Things to Carry :
1. Identity Card
2. Torch (mandatory)
3. 2 litres water minimum.
4. Good trekking shoes. (Avoid Sneakers)
5. Breakfast for the day.
6. Personal Medicine
7. Camera (Optional).
8. Electral/ Enerzyl.
9. Ready to eat food like Biscuits, plum cakes etc.
Avoid carrying any expensive items, Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of such items.
- Camp leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Adventure geek reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- The campsite has a strict No Smoking/Drug/Alcohol Policy.
- All the timings mentioned above are tentative.
Cancellation and Refund:
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that, no refund will be provided.
41 total visits