The Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is the home of the Giant Indian Squirrel and a huge number of other animals and birds. The Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary in Maharashtra is spread across an extensive area of 120 square kilometers on the Western Ghats or the Sahyadri Ranges.
The Bhimashankar temple (one of 12 Jyotirlings) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhar of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. The great Maratha ruler Shivaji is also said to have made endowments to this temple to facilitate the carrying out, of worship services. As with other Shiva temples in this area, the sanctum is at a lower level.
Category : Trekking
Duration : 1 Night / 1 Day
Level : Moderate (total 20km walk)
Day 1 – Saturday
19:55 – Board Karjat fast local starting from CST@19:55 (Dadar@20:08 – Thane@20.35 – Kalyan@20.57)
21:50 – Reach Karjat. This is the final meeting point. Start travelling to Khandas in a private jeep
23:30 – Reach Khandas, After introduction and briefing, start trekking, on the way have snacks/refreshments
Day 2 – Sunday
02:30 – Complete half of the trek and stay overnight in jungle in a hut.
Have some refreshments and enjoy the campfire and gupshup
06:00 – Start trekking towards Bhimashankar
08:30 – Reach Bhimashankar and have breakfast. Get darshan in Bhimashankar temple.
Go to Nagphani point and enjoy the marvellous view of surrounding.
12:30 – Start descending
14:00 – Reach the hut and have fresh lunch cooked in chullah
15:30 – Start descend to Ganesh ghat
17:30 – Reach Khandas and move to Karjat in a jeep and take the next available train
20:30 – Reach Mumbai
Trek concludes with happy memories 🙂
Things to carry:
1. Identity proof
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication (if any)
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.)
7. Cap, goggles, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc.
8. Torches (Compulsory)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Winter wear / head wear
11. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
12. Sleeping bag / mat / bed sheet (as per schedule)
13. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
14. Proper Backpack to carry all these things
– Travel expenses from Karjat to Khandas and back to Karjat
– Night Accommodation in a hut
– Food: Breakfast, lunch, Refreshments/Snacks
– Guide and Expertise Charges
– Train Ticket till Karjat
– Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
– Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
Contact for Registration:
9967699289 (also available on whatsapp)
No. Of Seats: Min 10 and Max. 20 participants. (First come First Serve on Payment Basis)
** Registrations are strictly by phone call & online payment only! **
Your seat will be booked only when we receive complete participant details along with the confirmation (transaction id/screenshot) of the online payment.
You can pay by NEFT/IMPS in following A/C:
● Account Name : ADVENTURE FOREVER
● Bank : IDBI Bank
● Account Type : CURRENT
● Account No : 0430102000016579
● IFSC Code : IBKL0000430
● Branch : Manpada(Thane)
Pay through BHIM/TEZ/Paytm/others by using UPI on following virtual address: adventure@idbi
Pay through PayTM on following account : 9967699289
Cancellation and Refund:
● If done prior to 20 days of outing 100% will be refunded
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 70% will be refunded
● If done prior to 7 days of outing 50% will be refunded
● After that no refund will be provided
– Do not wear precious Jewellery during the trek, as we won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
– Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
– Mountains are a place of rich natural beauty. Hence, it is our duty to keep them free from garbage. So please do not litter. One is expected to deposit all wrappers/empty water bottles etc. in his/her own bag.
– This is Adventure related activity, means you are away from comfort zone.
– We are here to provide you with a best experience and 100% safety.
– You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.