Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla.
Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondhane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
Shrivardhan Fort and Caves
Manaranjan Fort if time permits.
Rajmachi Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Tent stay
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- Separate stay for females
- Cost: Rs 1600/- per person
Rajmachi Camping Itinerary
Day 1 Saturday
Catch Pune Lonavala local
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:04 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:47 Talegaon
- 16:25 Lonavala
- 17:10 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep.
- 20:00 Reach Base Village.
- Enjoy campfire.
- 21:00 Dinner.
Day 2 - Sunday
- 06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
- 07:00 Breakfast.
- 07:30 Shrivardhan fort exploration.
- 12:30 Lunch.
- 13:30 Start return journey to Lonavala.
- 16:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Camping, no refund will be provided.
Inclusion and Exclusion
- Traveling to base village from Lonavala station and back by local vehicle
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
- Travel from Pune to Lonavala and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to Carry
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Lonavala without refund, Trekking is a specialist activity Trekking shoes are a must.
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.
- Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
- Identity proof (must)
- Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bed-sheets.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc. For Energy while you Trek. Glucon D / Energy bars.
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Liters).
- Sun Cap.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Medicine those if you require usually.
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insects.
23 total visits