Ghatghar Lakeside Camping with the Panoramic View of Alang, Kulang and Madan Mountain Range from the Campsite!
- If relaxing weekend getaway or a peaceful mid-week break is what you are looking for, then this is just the right place for you. Ghatghar is one of the unexplored camping sites in Maharashtra near to Bhandardhara. The nearest railway station of Ghatghar is Kasara and Igatpuri. Ghatghar is the upcoming famous location near to Bhandardhara for the lakeside camping near Pune & Mumbai. It also provides a beautiful opportunity for stargazing. Lakeside camping at Ghatghar is getting very popular. It is the most fantastic place to simply gaze at the night sky and probably the best stargazing experience you will ever have.
- A serene and blissful experience to replenish your body, mind & soul on a perfect weekend keeping you far away from the hustle bustle and monotonous life of the concrete jungle. Our campsite is situated near Ghatghar dam Lake near to Bhandardhara, which is formed due to the rainwater coming from Alang, Kulang and Madan range. From the campsite, you get a panoramic view of Ghatghar dam as well as an access to the beautiful nature, Konkankada View and Sunset point is 1km from campsite. Observing the beauty of nature can be a relaxing and insightful experience. Come, take a walk in the woods, soak in the pristine beauty of nature, and come out taller than the trees.
- This engrossing weekend escapade lets you try your hand at barbecuing, even as you watch the sun set over the horizon with your loved ones, an unforgettable panoramic view of the Alang, Kulang and Madan mountain range in a rejuvenating ambience. Partake in the various group activities, and retire for the day beside a bonfire while gazing at the stars.
If you are coming by local train then Public Transport like S.T Bus and Sharing Car(Balero) are available from Kasara Railway Station to reach Ghatghar
Price Per Adult-Rs.1790/-
Length: 1 day and 1 night stay and Trekking at Sandhan Valley
Height: 4000 ft above sea level
Best season: Round the year
Accommodation timing: You have to reach Ghatghar by 4 - 5 PM in the evening. Its a 1 day and 1 night stay arrangement.
- Veg and Non Veg Starters
- Veg, Non Veg and Jain Buffet Dinner
Ghatghar Check-in time: 5 PM (Day 1)
Ghatghar Check out time: 5 PM (Day 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Ghatghar & trekking to Sandhan Valley
Arrive at Ghatghar by 4 -5 PM in the EVENING by own vehicle/other means. You can reach Igatpuri or Kasara and then take local transport (state transport bus or shared jeep) to reach Bhandardara.Having own vehicle is highly advisable. Enjoy evening snacks and also a walk at Ghatghar lakeside, Relish the delicious BBQ along with Scrumptious homemade dinner(Veg/Non Veg/Jain) will be served thereafter. Night stay in tents.
Day 2: Trekking and return journey to Mumbai
Wake up early in the morning, get ready for trekking at Sandhan Valley,Wake up at 6.30 am,Enjoy the Sunrise,Get Fresh,have Breakfast.Start Trekking by 8.00 am towards Sandhan Valley,Reach Sandhan Valley by 10.00 am,Enjoy the view,Temples,Water Fall,Start Decending by 11.00 am approx.,Reach Ghatghar camp by 12.30 pm,Have Lunch by 1.30.After relaxing for some time you can start your return journey to Mumbai or Pune and say Bid Adieu to Ghatghar and Sandhan Valley.
Trek Grade: Medium and Hard
Endurance Level: Medium
Location :- Ahmednagar,Ghatghar
About Sandhan Valley
Sandhan valley is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a very good combination of a canyon and a valley. Located in the Nagar district, near the famous fort Ratangad, Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Suspense. Walking through the narrow streak of the valley with 300 ft rock walls on both the sides is a lifetime experience. Exploring Sandhan valley is always a memorable outing and the Konkankada visit is a sweet cherry on the cake.
6.30 Am :- Wake Up Call, Freshen Up, Have Breakfast & Tea.
7.30 Am :- Introduction Round and brief about the rules and regulation to be followed by every trekkers and leave for Sandhan Valley Trek.
8.00 Am :- Start the Trek
10:00 am Reach top, explore the mighty temple,Waterfalls, take some rest.
11.00 Am :- Start Descending and reach base point.
12.30 Pm :- Reach Ghatghar Campsite
1.30pm-Have lunch,take rest for some time.
4.30 Pm :- Start the Return Journey to Mumbai,Pune.
Trek Cost Excludes:
All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- Night stay in tents.
- 1 evening snacks and Tea,Evening Starters ( Veg and Non Veg Both) , 1 Dinner (Veg ,Non Veg and Jain),1 Lunch & 1 breakfast
- BBQ (Veg/Non-Veg)
- Tent Stay
- Mineral Water
- Washroom (indian)
- Pick up/ drop facilities (Paid)
- Expertise Fee
- First Aid Kit
- Anything not included in inclusion
- Bottled water, extra food, extra bed etc. and any other cost which is personal in nature
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Igatpuri/Kasara to Ghatghar campsite transportation or any other transportation.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 10 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 5 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last minute alterations if weather conditions deteriorate.
Payment once done is non refundable.
Trek Leader Decision will be final. No argument will be entertained
Visionesta Events reserves the right to change/deviate/cancel the plan without any prior notice.
Participants Safety is the prime concern for us and will not compromise for the same.
Registration Form should be filled up after the registration is done, so we will have the emergency contact database.
Visionesta Events is not Responsible for any baggage or personal belonging loss/damage and participant are responsible for the same. As one of the highest peaks along the western ghats in Maharashtra,
Things to Carry:
- Valid Photo ID Proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License)
- Comfortable Footwear
- Water bottle (2 litres each person)
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Extra Set of Clothes
- Waterproof Bag
- Compulsory Torch with Extra batteries
- Blankets or (Chaddar)
- Electoral 1 pack
- Medicine if required
- Portable Mobile Charger
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Torch with extra batteries
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- Wind Cheater and Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
77 total visits