Anthargange - This beautiful rocky hill range is situated at about 1226 Meters (4021ft.) high in Kolar district around Bangalore. The Anthargange trek is one of the most coveted trekking spots near Bangalore. Anthargange hill is completely surrounded by boulders. Anthargange Sunrise Trip is an unforgettable experience in terms of trekking and cave exploration. The trek which is around 3 km in length, you will find it to be pretty moderate as the trek starts with finding a way through broken rocks and tricky path in the boulders to finally arrive at the cave site to explore.
The experience at Anthargange cave takes you back to prehistoric times. All the efforts and wait pays off right after the completion of the trek when you get to witness the mesmerizing sunrise from atop the mountain. And, if luck favors, you might catch a glimpse of some wild animals around. As the dusk fades away, make your way back through the cave to the base.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Distance: Around 90 km from Bangalore
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Cave Exploration
1. RR Nagar - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road (10:00 PM)
2. Banashankari - Bus Stop (10:15 PM)
3. BTM - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B (10:30 PM)
4. Silk Board - Bus Stop, Opposite CCD (10:45 PM)
5. Marathahalli - Near Kalamandir (11: 00 PM)
- 11:00 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 03:00 AM Reach Anthargange base
- 04:00 AM Start the small trek followed by cave exploration
- 04:30 AM Finish experience, relax and enjoy the campfire
- 05:50 AM Wake up & watch the sunrise
- 07:00 AM Head back towards the Anthargange base
- 07:15 AM Head to the nearby restaurant
- 07:45 AM Freshen up & have breakfast
- 09:30 AM Head back to Bangalore
- 11:00 AM Reach Bangalore
Things To Carry:
- Torch per person.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
64 total visits