ADVENTURE CLUB PUNE invites you to Fireflies event at Padharwadi in Bhimashankar forest to Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfectambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Padharwadi is a very small villag, hills on the three side of the village. Padharwadi to Bhimashankar trek route is through dense jungle and provides many opportunities for nature lovers and particularly Photographers!!! One can see the state animal of Maharashtra the Giant Squirrel, in local language known as Shekru. In Monsoon Padharwadi to Bhimashankar trek is the perfect trek for Beginners, Nature Lovers, and Photographers. Its a plain Jungle walk of around 5 Hours which ends at Gupta Bhimashankar. One has to pass the Streams & waterfall to reach the Bhimashankar Temple..Located in the Sahyadris, Bhimashankar is home to one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines and the Bhimashankar Wild Life Sanctuary, an abode for endemic species of flora and fauna including the Indian giant squirrels, at a height of 3,500ft. As they tend to keep away from 'civilisation', once the moon threatens to show up go on a night trail in the sanctuary, walk to the valley or the streamall with the forest department's permission. Be bewitched as these bulbous creatures flirt to their fancy.
Start journey towards Padharwadi by 6 PM. from Pune.
Reach Base village around 9-10 pm.
Stay in house of local people.
Search for Fireflies & wildlife in Bhimashankar forest.
Wake up call at 6 am., Breakfast,,
Start Jungle trek Towards Bhimashankar Temple (4-6hrs).
Those who are not interested in trekking can directly reach Bhimashankar by our private vehicle.
Reach Bhimashankar, explore the forest area.
Start our journey by private vehicle (lunch at hotel during trek by your own)
Return back to Pune by 4-5 pm.
We may come an hour early or late.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
What included in Fees :
- Transportation from Pune To Pune. (People from Mumbai have to join this trek from Pune)
- Chasing Fireflies
- All veg meals on tour (1 Breakfast, 1 Snacks,).
- Stay in the House of local people.
- Expertise & Guide Charges, Permits for the Trek.
- Basic First-Aid kit.
- Trekking & Chasing Fireflies.
- Once in a lifetime experience with us
- Whats Not included in Fees :
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits etc.
- Anything not included in the whats included list.
Things To Carry
- Luggage packed in big good trekking sack.
- Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required.
- Water bottle (2-3 litres) compulsory
- Electral/ Glucon-d /energizers and personal Medicine.
- A sweater/warmwear/rainwear. Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleeves).
- Good trekking/sports shoes (sandles, slippers, floaters not permitted).
- Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (must) during night trek.
- Camera, Binocular (Optional)
- Identity proof (must).
- Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc.
Refunds And Cancellation Policy :
- If cancellations are made 15 days before the start date of the trip, 5% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 40% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Pay attention to the tour leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
- No Smoking during the trekking or other adventure activity.
- Roaming during the nights is not permitted without our permission.
- Participants have to fill undertaking form given by Adventure Club Pune.
- Remember that this is Adventure related activity, means you are away from comfort zone .
- We are here to provide you with a best experience & 100% safety
- Heavy rains are expected in monsoon season (june-september) in Maharashtra so please double pack your valuables to save them from getting wet.
- Wear good trekking shoes & clothing.
- Due to the monsoon season and various rock patches in this route, we recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking.
- Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky.
- For all such a events, you are at your own risk.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition.
- Note, this trek route may or may not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
101 total visits