About Devkund Waterfall
The monsoon brings fabulously lush green sceneries which leave us in awe of nature. On the arrival of monsoon, this place near Mumbai engulfed in picturesque hills and a beautiful waterfall – “Devkund”. Deevkhund Waterfall is located in the wild of Bhira village, in Raigad district of Maharashtra. Bhira Dam is a picturesque place situated in Bhira village, built by the Tata Power Company in 1927. Devkund waterfall is one of the unexplored places near Mumbai. If you want to explore the real beauty of Mother Nature, then Deevkhund Waterfall is the place for you.
Hiding inside the dense forest of Tamhini Ghat makes this place more beautiful. Tamhini Ghat outing during Monsoon is must do a thing for the people from Pune and Mumbai. Also, The ending point of the famous Andharban Dark Forest trek is the starting point of the Devkund Waterfall Trek.
Deevkhund Waterfall has blue-green clear water at the bottom. The amazing view of white water cascading down into clear bluish green water is worth a visit for any nature lover! Deevkhund Waterfall can be done by beginners as well. The trail mostly consists of open fields except for last patch which requires a 300ft gradual ascending to finally reach the waterfall. There is 3-4 stream like patches where water is poured during the monsoon, give you a thrill of river crossing! Deevkhund Waterfall trek offers the combined pleasures of a lake, tall rock faces, a dense forest with abundant flora & fauna and a waterfall, all in one place!!
- Deevkhund Waterfall
- A beautiful trek in evergreen forest in Tamhini Ghat.
- Beautiful views of Bhira dam backwaters
- Kundalika valley views
- Crossing the streams and enjoying a natural bath
We’ll be boarding non-A/C bus from our nearest pickup point. Bus timings are shared below for convenience:
11:15 pm Dadar
11:30 pm Chembur
11:50 pm Vashi
12:15 pm Kalamboli Mc D, near Panvel
Meeting Point: Dadar Pritam Hotel 11:00 pm
- 04:30 am Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
- 06:00 am Have Breakfast, Tea
- 06:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
- 09:00 am Reach Devkund waterfall and have a break for 1 hr (take photos, enjoy the site)
- 10:00 am Start descending to the base village
- 12:00 pm Reach Bhira dam, take some rest along with the lunch break
- 01:30 pm Leave for Mumbai
- 05:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
Event Fee: Rs.1,300/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Liters of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
101 total visits