Description : A Trek to Harihar or Harshagad fort, unlike other forts, can be considered as a once in a lifetime experience. It’s the passion of the Trekkers which takes them to the pedestal of the fort and then it’s their Endurance which helps them to accomplish their last standing wish in their list by climbing those vertical steps standing acutely at 60 degrees to the fort.
Harihar fort was built during Yadava Period which is situated in the Nashik District. It was purposed to look upon the trade through the Gonda ghat. It has two base villages – Harshewadi (13 Kms from Trymbakeshwar) and Nirgudpada (48 Kms from Igatpuri).
It consumes around 2 hours to reach on the hilltop from the base village. The fort lies on a triangular rock with three vertical sides and approachable from only one side. The Harihar trek sermons about the mental strength to oneself amid the lushes of floras, greenery and hovering clouds which gives nothing but a serene hug to the soul of Accomplisher.
Odyssey Type: One Night One Day
Difficulty Level: Low
Endurance Level: Medium
Route: Pune – Nashik – Triambakeshwar Road–- Nirgudpada – Harihar – Harshewadi Sinnar – Pune
Distance From Pune: 280 Kms
Altitude: 950 mtrs ASL
2 February 2019
21:00: Reporting at Rajaram Bridge Corner
21:30: Departure towards Base Village (Pick up Point: University Circle, Nashik Phata)
3 February 2019
3:00 Arrival at Base Village – Nirgudpada
3:00 to 5:30 Rest
5:30 Wakeup Call, Breakfast & Briefing
6:30 to 12:30 Trek to Harihar
13:30 Start for Sinnar
15:30 Reach Sinnar, Visit Gondeshwar Temple & Tea
16:30 Departure to Pune,
21:30 Expected Arrival at Pune
1) Water 2 liters or more
2) Good Rucksack with rain cover
3) Personal Medicines if any
4) ID Proof
5) Non disposable plate, spoon & bowl.
6) Bedding (Carry mat + Sleeping Bag)
1) Dry foods like: Chikki, Chocolates and cakes etc.
2) Extra Pair of clothes & sleepers/ floaters
3) Rain protection / wind cheater/ cap / scarf as per the weather.
4) Hand Towel
5) Sunscreen lotion / face wash
6) Camera or Binoculars
1) Travel by a private non AC bus.
2) Breakfast, Lunch & high tea on
3) Adventure Experts & Leaders
4) First aid kit.
5) Safety & Tested Equipments
6) 5% Government Service Tax
7) Personal Entry, Toll & Parking etc
1) Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
2) Personal expenditure of any kind.
3) Insurance Coverage.
4) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
5) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes”
111total visits,1visits today