Have you ever dreamt of a place where millions of Fireflies dance? But, why dream when you can actually visit and experience it!
People travel in search of adventure, places, culture, religion, cuisine and so much more; and then, you have Purushwadi. A place that attracts those in search of some good, old-world charm, for it has swarms of fireflies coming in.
Yes, you read that right; this tiny village in Maharashtra, at a drive of some four hours from Mumbai, is the stuff that all good dreams are made of. So much so that Purushwadi also plays host to a Fireflies Festival every year, right when the monsoons are about to hit India.
If you have a taste for surreal, Purushwadi is an ideal getaway from both Pune and Mumbai. A sliver of a place, it attracts fireflies to its lush green areas; especially before the monsoons when the mating season for the species in on then. The fact makes May-June the best time to visit Purushwadi, especially if the place has seen a light rain shower or two, and if you do not mind getting drenched in sudden bursts of rains. Do remember that a heavier rain burst ends up in killing the species and you might miss on the extravaganza; so yes, go before the actual Maharashtra monsoons hit.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in basic home-stay/Tent on sharing basis
- Transportation Ex-Mumbai by Ac vehicle
- Welcome drink and refreshments
- Lunch, Dinner and breakfast
- Permissions and tolls, wherever necessary
- Expertise and guide charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during travel.
- Packaged Water
- Personal expenses/tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation, and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under Inclusions.
- Watch the fireflies dancing
- Enjoy lush-green village atmosphere
- Stay amidst the clouds in a tent/home stay
- Local Delicacies
- Best place for photography
Meeting Point Early morning depart from Sanjay Gandhi National Park at 10.30 am on Saturday and en-route pick up at Sion,Ghatkopar, Thane.
01.00 pm Halt for lunch.
Enjoy the journey with beautiful nature-scapes, gupshup and songs during the bumpy journey.
Reach Purushwadi approx by 4:30 PM. Enjoy welcome drink. Set yourself free in the village. Let your soul feel the simple lifestyle of villagers far away from hustle bustle of the city life. Let your mind express its likelihood to silent breeze, colorful farms and the rusticness of the village ! As it gets darker and darker, experience the magnificent phenomena of fireflies lighting display. We might come across a number of places during this trail where we can observe this unique phenomenon. Late evening return back for simple homely dinner. Celebrate the night with fireflies, ghost stories and fun games.
Early morning freshen up up & have breakfast. Explore the Village area. Enjoy a kms walk to the nearest dam of Purushwadi and visit the Beautiful view while you go get some water splashes on your face or click a cool selfie with the beautiful water in background.
Around 10:30 am, pack up your bags. Time for a memorable group photo and around 11:30 am we will start the return journey to Mumbai. En-route halt for lunch (on your own expense). Return back to Mumbai by evening.
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation.
Things to carry
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Sleeping Bag if required
- Expect sluggish conditions at places around because you would be visiting it soon after the rainfall (most probably!). Mind your surroundings.
- Don’t flash a torch at a tree full of fireflies. They go mad upon seeing the light.
- The worms are not warm, they emit light because of the phenomenon called bioluminescence. So when they sit on you, allow them to walk. Don’t get scared.
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Cancellation within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 70% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.
- Advance amount will not be refunded.
108 total visits