Firefly Festival at Bhandardara Lakeside Camping. Best Camping Location in Maharashtra!!
Fireflies: Fireflies belong to the family of beetles, and not flies as they are commonly mistaken for. These nocturnal winged beetles use bioluminescence, a chemical reaction when oxygen combines with luciferin, which is present in the lower abdomen of the insect to produce light. All fireflies glow as larvae. Bioluminescence serves a different function in the larvae than in adults. It appears to be a warning signal to predators, for, the larvae contain chemicals that are either distasteful or toxic.
The adult male beetles use light to primarily attract their mates. The interested female flashes back from her lower perch and the male flits overhead. What a romantic way of courting! The first few showers of monsoon are the best time to witness the fireflies since this is the time best fit for fireflies to start darting around. Fireflies cannot tolerate heavy raindrops and die. So, make sure you get to witness these lightning bugs with us.
Camping at Bhandardara is a unique camping experience which you may have never experienced till now. Surrounded by the Turquoise pristine water, it will be the best experience of camping you ever had. Riverside camping in Bhandardara is one of the best weekend getaways from Mumbai, Pune & Nasik with a punch of thrill & adventure. Bhandardara is always beautiful with its tranquil serenity and unspoiled nature. But during monsoon and post-monsoon period, it's natural beauty increases manyfold with numerous small & medium seasonal waterfalls and glowing greenery. During monsoon, it is difficult to arrange for camping in Bhandardara but the post-monsoon period is perfect as heavy monsoon is subdued and natural beauty reaches the peak. Bhandardara stargazing is a famous activity mostly carried out by campers who visit our site. The camping has been specifically designed for a beautiful summer sky gazing and relaxing.
Your camps will be set up beside the lakeside and you will enjoy the sunset while swift cool breeze will gently touch your body. As the night approaches the weather becomes cooler and very pleasant. We will arrange bonfire and BBQ for you in the evening and also offer you unlimited Starters!!. It will surely be a memorable experience for you. And the showstopper, Stargazing in Bhandardara under the open sky, can take you to a different world altogether ( We will provide you with Binoculars and Telescopes for Stargazing). Fishing and Swimming the lake is a different experience altogether.
Price Per Adult Rs. 1500/- (Without Transportation)
Price Per Kid (Upto 12 Years) Rs. 1000/- (Without Transportation)
Price Per Adult Rs. 2000/- (With To and Fro Transportation in Private AC Vehicle from Kasara Railway Station)
Price Per Kid Rs. 1600/- (With To and Fro Transportation in Private AC Vehicle from Kasara Railway Station).
Minimum 5 persons required to avail a private AC car and max 7 persons for one car...
Length: 1 day and 1-night camping at Bhandardara.
Height: 2430 ft above sea level
Best season: Round the year
Accommodation timing: You have to reach Bhandardara by 4 - 5 PM in the evening. Its a 1 day and 1-night camping arrangement.
- Watching Fireflies
- Unlimited Veg and Non-Veg Starters
- Unlimited Veg, Non-Veg and Jain Buffet Dinner
- Unlimited BBQ
- Stargazing with Binoculars and Telescope if the sky is clear.
Camp Check-in time: 5 PM (Day 1)
Camp Check out time: 10 AM (Day 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Bhandardara & camping
Arrive at Bhandardara by 4 -5 PM in the EVENING by own vehicle/other means. You can reach Igatpuri or Kasara and then take local transport (state transport bus or shared Cab) to reach Bhandardara. Igatpuri is preferable as the distance from Kasara to the campsite is more than Igatpuri. Our representive will be waiting for you at Bhandardara Gaon bus stoppage.Enjoy the sunset from the campsite or go to an elevated land. After sunset, we will organize Bonfire for you and offer you Palatable Starters (Veg/ Non-Veg). You will be taken to nearby forest area for better Fireflies viewing. After coming back relish the delicious BBQ along with Bonfire, group activities like Antakshari, dumsheras, music. Scrumptious homemade dinner(Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain) will be served thereafter. Night stay at camp.
Day 2: Return journey to Mumbai
Wake up early in the morning. Enjoy the sunrise at Bhandardara lake. It is a beautiful scene. Have your tea and Breakfast, Complete your breakfast and relax at the campsite. And you can prepare for local sightseeing to Amruteshwar Temple, Kokan kada, Sandhan Valley etc. Please note this will be easier if you have a personal car. A guide will be provided to you free of cost. But if you don't have a car then we may arrange a car at an extra cost which needs to be paid on site. After the Sight-Seeing, You can start your return journey to Mumbai or Pune and say Bid Adieu to Bhandardara.
(You also Have the Option to Extend your stay till 04.00pm to freshen Up and take rest after having Lunch in our Hotel - Charges Rs.500/- Extra Per Person). You can also Plan Sight Seeing to Nearby Locations and we will provide our Guide to you if you have your Own Vehicle. Private Vehicles also available with us in Bhandardara for sightseeing at an extra cost.
- Night stay at Nature camp
- Firefly sightseeing.
- Binoculars and Telescopes for Stargazing.
- 1 evening snacks and Tea, Evening Unlimited Starters ( Veg and Non-Veg Both), 1 Dinner (Veg, Non-Veg, and Jain), & 1 breakfast for every night stay
- Bonfire, Plus BBQ (Veg/Non-Veg)
- Pillows & Blankets
- Dome Tent Stay
- Mineral Water
- Washroom (Indian)
- Pick up/ drop facilities (Paid)
- Expertise Fee
- First Aid Kit
- Anything not included in the inclusion
- Bottled water, extra food, extra bed etc. and any other cost which is personal in nature
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Igatpuri/Kasara to Bhandardara gaon campsite transportation or any other transportation
- Sightseeing charge to Murudeshwar, Kokan Kada, Sandhan Valley etc. by hired/arranged car.
- Extended Stay till 4 pm in Shared Rooms with Sunday Afternoon Lunch Package.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 10 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 6 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
- No show = No refund.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate or due to rain shower.Alternate accommodation at our guesthouse will be provided in that case.
Things to Carry:
- Valid Photo ID Proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License)
- Comfortable Footwear
- Water bottle (2 liters each person)
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Extra Set of Clothes
- Waterproof Bag
- Compulsory Torch with Extra batteries
- Blankets or (Chaddar)
- Electoral 1 pack
- Medicine if required
- Portable Mobile Charger
- Bluetooth Speakers is a must for group
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to reach Bhandardara:
To reach Bhandardara you need to reach either Kasara or Igatpuri. Both railway stations are near to Bhandardara. Kasara to Bhandardara distance is 60 km and Igatpuri to Bhandardara distance is 45 km by road. You will get state transport buses from the railway station. Or you can hire auto-rickshaws and a private car also. From Kasara, it will take around 2 hours to reach Bhandardara. Bhandardara camping takes place in Bhandardara gaon beside the lake
If you are coming via your private transport then you can follow the below route to reach Bhandardara
Mumbai > Igatpuri > Ghoti (Turn right) > Pimpalgaon (Turn right) > Bhandardara Dam
Before you come please understand the following facts about Bhandardara weekend lakeside camping:
Q: Is it a lakeside camping near Mumbai:
A: Yes. It is a lakeside camping near Mumbai. Total around 160 km from Mumbai
Q: Camping site in Maharastra:
A: Bhandardara lakeside camping is a prominent camping activity in Maharastra
Q: Chance of Bhandardara stargazing
A: Abundant chance of stargazing with empty eyes. We will provide you with a binocular or telescope for you to explore the billions of stars in the horizon.
Useful Facts about Bhandardara lakeside camping
- Good, Clean, Permanent Western & Indian washroom facilities are available (not attached to camps as camps are situated just beside the Waterbody). Permanent washrooms are available approx. 5 mins away from the camping place.
- Ample parking facilities are available for vehicles
- The place is safe & secure as camp organizers & caretakers are local and they will be available 24*7
- It will be best if you bring your own car as from Igatpuri or Kasara to Bhandardara hired transportation is generally costly. Also, you will have convenience during sightseeing.
- From Kasara it takes approx. 2 hours to reach Bhandardara. Private Cars available(We will arrange Transportation for you if you book our 'With Transportation" Package subject to a group of 5 pax.
243 total visits