Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of India. It is known for its scenic beauty and charm. The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have also been discovered here. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
Kedareshwar Cave - There is the huge cave of Kedareshwar in which there is a big Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water. Its height from the base is five feet, and the water is waist-deep. here are sculptures carved out in the cave. In the monsoon, it is not possible to reach this cave, as a huge stream flows across the way.
KokanKada - his cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides views of the surrounding region.
Caves on Harishchandragad - These caves are spread out all over the fort. Many of these are situated at the foot of the Taramati peak and are the place of accommodation. A few are near the temple, whereas some are near the citadel and some far away in the forests.
Taramati Peak - It is the highest point inside the hill fort. From here, you can get a spectacular view of Naneghat Range, Jivdhan, Malshej Ghat, and Kalsubai.
Height 4650 ft. Approx.
Base Village Pacchnai
- 19:18 hrs – Board the Kasara Local starting from CSMT at 7.18 pm from your respective stations
- 21:45 hrs – Meet the team at Kasara station ticket counter
- 22:00 hrs – Leave for a base village in our private vehicle, we will stop at a Dhaba on our way where you can have your dinner
- 02:00 hrs – Reach base village, freshen up and start preparing for the trek ahead
- 02:30 hrs – Start the trek through the darkness towards harishchandragad.
- 04:30 hrs – Reach kedareshwar caves and continue your journey towards taramati peak and then proceed towards Konkan Kada to witness the sunrise
- 06:30 hrs – Have breakfast as you experience one of the most beautiful sunrises
- 08:30 hrs – After exploring the area we will start our trek back to the base village.
- 11:00 hrs – Reach base village and have an early lunch and start preparing for the long journey home
- 15:00 hrs – Reach the station and bid goodbyes to your trek buddies with a promise to meet again.
- 19:18 hrs CST
- 19:31 hrs Dadar
- 19:38 hrs Kurla
- 19:42 hrs Ghatkopar
- 19:58 hrs Thane
- 20:11 hrs Dombivali
- 20:21 hrs Kalyan
- 21:32 hrs Kasara
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
If you miss the train you miss the trek!
- It is a trekking activity and not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry
- A planned activity or programs may be canceled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances
Things to Carry:
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 liters)
- Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits, etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- A haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Kasara to Kasara Private Transport
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Local Guidance
- Wash Room & Changing room facility
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
50 total visits