Harishchandragad is a beautiful hill fort in the Ahmednagar region and a very popular trekking destination. The fort mountain along with, TOLAR KHIND, MALSHEJ GHAT offers a lot for trekkers. The main attraction here is the KONKAN KADA which offers a spectacular view of Konkan. During the rainy season be walking in the clouds on this fort.
Type: Hill Fort Height: 4710 ft. Grade: Medium
Harishchandragad is one of the best trekking spots in the Sahyadris of Maharashtra. Harishchandragad is also known as trekkers paradise, located in the Boundaries of Pune, Thane & Ahmednagar Districts of Maharashtra state in India. This fort has got an eye-pleasing natural beauty, along with diverse flora and fauna. Harishchandragad is famous for a lot of specialties such as its marvelous natural beauty, tough trek & none other than the beautiful Konkan Kada. The most fascinating spot in Harishchandragad is the Konkan Kada.
Taramati peak is another spot for a panoramic view of the valleys. Taramati peak is the highest peak on Harishchandragad in Maharashtra. One must visit the Temple of Harishchandreshwar, Kedareshwar Cave, Ganesh Gufa, Saptatirtha, Kedareshwar, Konkan Kada, Taramati peak.
Difficulty level: Easy-Medium.
Endurance level: Medium.
Participants from Mumbai are supposed to join us at the Kasara railway station ticket counter by 11 pm. Move towards base village by jeep/bus.
Participants from Pune will depart from Shivaji Nagar, Bank of Maharashtra at 11 pm.
- Reach the Base Village by Early Morning 3 AM.
- Start the Trek by 6 am. & Reach the top by 8 am. Sunrise, Breakfast
- Enjoy the view of sunrise from the top , Konkan Kada view, lunch & descend back to the base by 12 pm. Reach base village Paachnai by 2 pm.
- Start the return Journey towards Pune/ Kasara Railway Station by 3 pm.
- Reach Pune/Kasara by 7 pm.
We may come an hour early or late.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories.
Things to Carry
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in a plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (at least 3 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine.
5. A sweater/warm wear/rainwear. Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleaves).
6. Good trekking/sports shoes (sandals, chappals, floaters not permitted).
7. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (must)
8. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
9. Identity proof (must).
10.Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
11.Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent, etc.
12.Sleeping bag /mat/bedsheet. (Rentals available on demand) in the case of camping.
13. Slippers (optional at the end of day/trek so that your feet can relax).)
(Missing anything from above? We provide rentals for adventure gear, please contact us)
- If cancellations are made 15 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of the booking value will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
- However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- We need a minimum of 9 participants for the trek, if we didn't get sufficient bookings then we have the right to cancel the trek and the full amount paid by participants will be refunded to them within 2-3 days.
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune OR kasara to kasara.
- All veg meals on tour (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch). Tasty local food.
- Expertise & Guide Charges.
- Basic First-Aid kit.
- Once in a lifetime experience with us.
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included a list
339 total visits
- Start Date: July 19, 2019 23:00:00
- End Date: July 20, 2019 19:00:00
- Type: Paid
- Location: Mumbai
- Category: Camping
- Organizer : Adventure Club Pune
- Address: Harishchandragad ( Harishchandragad - Ghatghar Natural Reserve )