Prabalmachi is situated between Matheran and Panvel in Raigad District in Maharashtra, India. A rustic village, the base of Fort Prabalgad and Kalavantin, is filled with greenery and is away from hustle and bustle of the city. Height of the Prabalmachi village is 390 metres above sea level. The Prabalgad Fort stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. The fort was previously known as Muranjan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s rule. The fort has a Ganesh temple and some unidentified stone ruins. Its sister fort is Irshalgad. Right next to Prabalgad, to its north, lies the steep Kalavantin fort. Prabalmachi Camping provides an amazing view of the two forts standing tall and facing each other. The mild breeze in the evening and traditional food by the villagers add to the experience.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
1. Scenic view of the city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
2. Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding and the city
3. Amazing hike in the woods
4. Wonderful climbs
5. Camping at the top of the plateau
6. Games with lots of fun
DAY 1 - Saturday
06:00 pm Meet at Panvel Station
06:15 pm Move towards Thakurwadi (Base Village) in our transfer vehicle
07:15 pm Start trek towards Prabalmachi after a brief session
08:45 pm Reach campsite at Prabalmachi and get Refresh
09:30 pm Prepare for a night under the sky, have delicious local cuisine for dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends and enjoy the campfire.
11:30 pm Off to the tents for sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy.Day Ends
DAY 2 - Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call, get refreshed by a hot cup of tea and breakfast
08:00 am Move towards Kalavantin Durg, for those who would like to trek. Others can enjoy their morning at Prabalmachi
09:30 am Reach the pinnacle, bask in the majestic view from the top, take selfies with an amazing background
10:00 am Start the descend towards Prabalmachi
11:00 am Reach Prabalmachi, Campsite
11:30 am Start to descend towards Thakurwadi (After a mandatory group pic!!!)
12:30 pm Reach Thakurwadi, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Panvel in our transfer vehicle. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning.
1. Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by private vehicle.
2. 1 Breakfast- Sunday
3. 1 Dinner - Buffet (Veg/Non-Veg) (Saturday)
4. Tent 2 People Sharing Basis. (Blanket, Mattress)
5. Adventure Equipment
6. Toilet Facilities
7. Basic First Aid
8. Guide and expertise charges.
9. Forest Entry Fee
1199/- Per Person
1. extra meals cold drinks.
2. water bottles
3. anything not mentioned above
confirmation only after full payment.
On first come first serve basis, so please Register at earliest and book your tents in advance!
booking is non-refundable.
NOTE: entry will be confirmed only after
Things to Carry
1. Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
2. Identity Proof
3. Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
5. Jackets and woollens as it would get cold in the evening and morning.
6. Cap, Camera
7. Good Trekking shoes
8. Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
9. A haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
41 total visits