About Kaas Plateau Trek
Kaas Plateau famously called Maharashtra Valley of Flowers. Kaas plateau is an eco-sensitive place you can see the carpet of flowers after monsoon ends. During monsoon, Kas Pathar receives hefty rainfall; you can see different flowers throughout the year. Kaas Plateau has become famous for the various shades of the carpet the tiny flowers that grow on the Kas Pathar create. UNESCO in June 2012 announced Kaas Plateau as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
One particular Flower Aponogeton Satarensis or Waytura can only be found on Kaas Plateau now listed in endangered species. Kaas Plateau supports 175 species of wildflowers. During our tour, we will see flowers that blossom after the monsoon. Kas Pathar is home to many birds, butterflies, reptiles, wild animals.
The best time to visit Kaas Plateau is just after the end of monsoon during September and October. Once in eight years, Karvi Flowers blooms into mas flowering covering the entire Kaas Plateau in shades of Purple Blue and Pink.
Thoseghar Waterfalls get its name from the small village of Thoseghar located 20 km from Satara. We will pass Sajjangad Fort and windmills to reach the scenic Thoseghar Waterfalls. Satara is famous for many waterfalls like Vajrai Waterfall 2nd highest plunge waterfall in India, Kelavali Waterfall. Chalkewadi is an amazing hamlet with many windmills doting the landscape.
Thoseghar offers spectacular views with a series of waterfalls converging and one waterfall 200 meters in height. On a Rainy day, Thoseghar Waterfall covered in fog, and nearby Chalkewadi Plateau famous for windmills electricity project is not visible. The best time to visit Thoseghar Waterfall is from July to November or on a Rainy day.
Thoseghar is a very calm and relaxing place with rice fields and lush green forest with small streams.
Kas Pathar Tour Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play the game of counting the number of species spotted
- Witness amazing colors of wildflower blooms and different Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- View of Sajjangad while returning from Thoseghar Waterfall
Kaas Plateau Itinerary
Day Zero - Saturday Night
- 22:45 Meet Treks and Trails Team at Pritam Da Dhaba Restaurant, Dadar East.
- 23:00 Non Ac Transport will leave for the Kaas Plateau valley of flowers.
- 23:15 Chembur Diamond Garden.
- 23:45 Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
- 00:15 Kalamboli Mcdonalds.
Day One - Sunday
- 05:00 - Reach Satara and breakfast
- 07:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration - Forest Guide Tour.
- 09:00 Walk to Kumudini Lake for Kumudini Flower.
- 10:00 Walk to Kaas Lake.
- 11:30 Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 12:30 Lunch on the way.
- 13.30 Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 14:50 Reach at Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 16:30 Departure for Mumbai.
- 23:30 Approx arrival at Dadar
Inclusion and Exclusion
- Dadar to Dadar travel by a Non-AC bus.
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall
- Treks and Trails India charges.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don't want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
327 total visits