The small picturesque village of Kabbal Durga offers a least explored trekking trail leading to the top of a nearby hill. The night trekking at this destination provides an exclusive experience with a magnificent view of the night sky. Watch a fascinating view of the rising sun from the peak of the hill during early morning hours.
Kabbal Durga is a village, which has a temple and a fort. It lies about 80 km from Bengaluru, the state capital of Karnataka. The name of the site is a combination of the words Kabbalamma, who is the presiding deity of the temple and Durga, which means fort in the Hindi language. This night trek to Kabbal Durga will take you atop an approximately 250-meter high hillock, where the two sites are located.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Distance: Around 80 km from Bangalore
- 11:00 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 01:00 AM Reach Kabbal Durga base
- 01:15 AM Start the trek
- 03:00 AM Reach peak, relax and enjoy a campfire
- 06:00 AM Descend at dawn
- 07:30 AM Head to Ramanagara campsite for breakfast
- 08:30 AM Have breakfast and enjoy some time at the lake swimming and Kayaking
- 10:30 AM Head back to Bangalore en route Ramanagara
- 12:30 PM Reach Bangalore
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Water Activities like Kayaking and Swimming
- Marathahalli (11:00 PM) - Near Kalamandir
- Silk Board (11:30 PM) - Bus Stop, Opposite To Pizza Hut
- BTM (11:40 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
- Banashankari (11:50 PM) - Bus Stop
- Gopalan Arcade RR Nagar (12:15 AM) - In front of Arcade Mall
- Kengeri (12:30 AM)- Krishnapriya convention Hall
Things To Carry
- Torch per person.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and a cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
55 total visits