About Karnala Fort Trek
Karnala fort also called Funnel Hill is a hill fort in Raigad District about 10 km from Panvel city, 65km from Mumbai city, situated along the Mumbai-Goa highway. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The fort of Karnala is famous for its strange pinnacle and the bird sanctuary that is set up amidst the forest. Today, the ruins of the fort are a popular destination for hiking and tourism. This Fort is at a height of approx 1500 ft. It is a great trek for beginners and for parents who want to introduce their children to trekking and Mother Nature.
- Trek Difficulty - Easy to Medium
- Trek Distance - 3 km
- Washroom Available at base village
- Location: Near Panvel
- Karnala Fort Trek Transport - Sharing Jeep
- Karnala Fort Height - 1500 ft
- Karnala Fort - Hill Fort
- Minimum - 7 participants required to conduct the event
- Base Village: Shirdhon
- District: Raigad
Karnala Fort Trek Itinerary
07:30 Assembly at Panvel Station near the ticket counter.
07:45 Reach Panvel state transport depot and move towards Karnala Bird Sanctuary by Tum-Tum rickshaw.
08:45 Reach Karnala Fort Trek base by ST Bus / Tum-Tum Rickshaw and have breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:00 Summit and explore - Lunch.
12:30 Start descending from Karnala Fort.
15:30 Travel back to Panvel Station.
16:30 Karnala Fort Trek End at Panvel Railway Station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Karnala Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
Inclusion & Exclusion
Emergency Medical evacuations if any required
Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
Camera fees and Lunch
Please carry lunch or snacks for this trek
Things to Carry
- Packed Lunch for this Trek
- Water Bottles (2-3 Litres)
- Torch with Extra batteries
- Cap, Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments
- Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits.
- Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
- DRY bag for your garbage
- 2-3 bunch of papers (Optional)
- Good trekking shoes
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
385 total visits