About Kondana Caves
Kondana Caves situated in Karjat offers the ancient lifestyle of Buddhist followers. Ancient rock-cut caves, Kondana Caves are very famous Buddhist caves. These caves enclose sculptures, vihara, chaitya, and stupa. Sculptures and stupas are specimens of the ancient period Buddhist architecture. There was a natural disaster in the form of an earthquake in early 1900 by which many stupas, front entrance and floor of the caves were damaged. These ancient caves attract lots of tourists and Buddhist devotees all through the year. Kondana Caves is around 15 KM from Karjat.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
Kondana Caves Fireflies Trek Event Details
- Kondana caves trek difficulty level: Easy.
- Base village Kondana caves: Kondhane.
- Kondana caves height: 60m above Sea Level (Approx.).
- The time required climbing Kondana caves: 1 hour (one way).
- Cost: Rs 1300
Kondana Caves Fireflies Trek Event Itinerary
Day 1 Saturday
Catch Karjat fast local from CSMT.
CSMT Karjat fast local time table.
18:25 Meeting at Karjat railway station.
18:30 Journey towards base village by local tumtum
19:30 Reach at base village.
22:00 Start trekking towards Kondana Caves
Enjoy fireflies while ascending.
23:00 Reach at Kondana caves.
Enjoy fireflies, explore the cave.
Late night we came back to the village.
Night stay at villagers house
Day 2 Sunday
06:30 Wake Up and freshen up.
08:00 Start return journey towards Karjat station by tumtum
09:00 Reach Karjat station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kondana Caves Fireflies Trek, no refund will be provided.
Inclusion and Exclusion
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 Breakfast.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local auto.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets).
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don't want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
97 total visits