Kothaligad (also called Kotligad or Kothligad or Peth) is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road. Peth is a great place to trek near Mumbai. There is a small temple and large cave at the base and a chimney like a tunnel to the top of the fort. This pinnacle is carved from inside forming a staircase reaching the top. A highly recommended place for adventure seekers & travelers.
Difficulty: Low | Endurance: Medium | Type: One day Trek
Height: 3100 ft
Major Attractions :
Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
- 21:26 hrs Board the Karjat Local starting from CSMT at 9.26 pm from your respective stations
- 23:20 hrs Meet the team at Karjat station ticket counter, we will leave for the base village in our private vehicle
- 00:30 hrs Reach the base village Ambivali , freshen up and start preparing for the trek ahead
- 01:00 hrs Start the trek towards pethwadi, we will take a few halts enroute
- 04:00 hrs Reach the top, we rest for while and play games while waiting for the sunrise
- 07:00 hrs Explore the small but beautiful fort and surrounding area and then start our descend
- 09:30 hrs Reach Ambivali and have a scrumptious breakfast.
- 10:30 hrs Leave for Karjat station in our private transfer vehicles
- 11:00 hrs Reach the station and bid good byes to your trek buddies with a promise to meet again.
- 21:26 hrs CST
- 21:40 hrs Dadar
- 21:47 hrs Kurla
- 21:51 hrs Ghatkopar
- 22:07 hrs Thane
- 22:20 hrs Dombivali
- 23:29 hrs Kalyan
- 23:19 hrs Karjat
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
If you miss the train you miss the trek!
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Karjat to Karjat Private Transport
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Local Guidance
- Wash Room & Changing room facility
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Wind cheater
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
119 total visits