GreenWorld Explorers Presents - Monsoon Trek to Lohgad
Mysteriously famous for its natural beauty and lush green environ, Lohagad has been by far the most formidable fort (voted by UNESCO world heritage places) 52 kilometers away from Pune. If you’re looking for a mystery, adventure, trekking and an amazing combination of architecture and breathtaking natural beauty; then Lohagad is definitely your calling.
Things to see at Lohagad Fort Trek
We can reach to the top of the fort by stairs. We will come across four doors while reaching the top. The first one is called 'Ganesh Darwaaja', the second one is called 'Narayan Darwaaja', the third one is called 'Hanuman Darwaaja' & the fourth one is called 'Maha Darwaaja'. Out of this Hanuman Darwaaja is the most ancient of all the doors. Between Narayan & Hanuman Darwaaja there are two godowns which were used for storage purpose as a granary
After entering the Maha Darwaaja we come across an old 'Dargah'. Besides the Dargah, there are remnants of the court. Towards right we come across 'Laxmi Kothi' which has many rooms. The treasury of Nana Phadnis was kept here. In front of this place are two cannons. To the western side of the fort is Vinchu Kata. It is 1500-meter-long & 30 meters wide part of the mountain, separated from the main part. Viewing from the fort this area looks like scorpion’s sting and hence it is called Vinchu Kata. As named, this portion was to keep a watch on the surrounding region, and any activity of the enemy in its vicinity could be tackled.
Dates: 7th,13th,14th,20th,21st,27th,28th July 2019
3rd,4th,10th,11th,17th,18th,24th,25th August 2019
Category: Day Trek
Duration: 1 Day
Difficulty Level: Easy
Trek Endurance: Medium
Train timings for Mumbai participants
05:40 AM CSMT
05:51 AM Dadar
06:14 AM Thane
06:33 AM Kalyan
07:58 AM Lonavala
08:20 AM Start Journey for Malavali by local train
08:28 AM Malavli and Meet Other Members Joining from Pune
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
06:30 AM Pune
06:35 AM Shivaji Nagar
07:35 AM Malavali
08:30 AM Meet at Malavali station and move towards Lohagad fort.
09:00 AM Reach Base Village & have Breakfast
09:30 AM Visit Bhaje Caves.
12:00 PM Reach Lohagad top and explore...(2 hrs.approx.
14:00 PM Start Descend.
15:00 PM Reach Lohagad Wadi and have lunch.
16:00 PM Move to Malavali Station.
17:30 PM Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Malavli station.
Things to carry:( Id Proof Compulsory)
1. Good Quality Trekking / Sports Shoes.
2. Water (2ltr minimum compulsory)
3. Electoral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes, etc).
4. Raincoat / Ponchos
5. Personal First Aid kit / Medics as per prescription if any.
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper, etc.)
7. Backpack to carry all stuff. (No Handbags or Jholas will be allowed)
8. Extra Pair of Clothes (as a backup if you need a change after the trek is over)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries.
1. Breakfast and Lunch for the Day.
2. Transportation from Malavali to Malavali.
3. Leaders Expertise Charges.
1. Transportation for Mumbai to Mumbai or Pune to Pune.
2. Any kind of Extra Meals or Drinks.
3. Anything other than mentioned above.
69 total visits