About Naneghat Pass
Naneghat is a mountain pass situated at an elevation of 2600 feet. The trek is famous for its ancient pass it connects the Konkan Coast and Junnar town. Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra. While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and Ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. The inscriptions in the caves indicate that the Satavahana dynasty ruled here and also the Mauryan Empire. We can approach Naneghat via Vaishakhare or via Dahndya.
Naneghat Event Details:
- Naneghat trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Naneghat: Vaishakhare
- Region: Malshej Ghat
- Total time required for climbing Naneghat: Maximum 2.5 hrs
- Duration: 1 day
- Naneghat height: 2800 ft. (approx.)
- Type: Ancient trade route
- Traveling by Bus
- Cost: Rs. 1300/- per person
Naneghat Monsoon Itinerary
Day 1 - Sunday
05:45 Meeting at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East).
06:00 Leave for Naneghat monsoon trek.
06:30 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane(West).
Breakfast on the way.
10:00 Reach the base village and start ascending.
13:00 Reach in caves of Naneghat. Explore and lunch.
14:30 Start descending.
17:00 Reach at base and start return journey to Mumbai.
23:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar Mumbai.
- Please carry packed lunch for this trek.
Inclusion and Exclusion
- 1 veg Breakfast.
- Travel Dadar to Dadar by private non-AC vehicle.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Things to Carry
- 2/3 litres of water
- Packed lunch for the trek
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you dont want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
275 total visits