Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Prabalmachi is situated between Matheran and Panvel in Raigad District in Maharashtra, India. A rustic village, the base of Fort Prabalgad and Kalavantin, is filled with greenery and is away from hustle and bustle of the city. The height of the Prabalmachi village is 390 meters above sea level. The Prabalgad Fort stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. The fort was previously known as Muranjan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s rule. The fort has a Ganesh temple and some unidentified stone ruins. Its sister fort is Irshalgad. Right next to Prabalgad, to its north, lies the steep Kalavantin fort. Prabalmachi Camping provides an amazing view of the two forts standing tall and facing each other. The mild breeze in the evening and traditional food by the villagers add to the experience.
- Scenic view of the city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding and the city
- Amazing hike in the woods
- Wonderful climbs
- Camping at the top of the plateau
- Games with lots of fun
- Live Guitarist
DAY 1 - 31st Dec 2019
06:00 pm Meet at Panvel Station
06:15 pm Move towards Thakurwadi (Base Village) in our transfer vehicle
07:15 pm Start trek towards Prabalmachi after a brief session
08:45 pm Reach campsite at Prabalmachi and get Refresh
09:30 pm Prepare for a night under the sky, have delicious local cuisine for dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends and enjoy the campfire.
12:00 am It’s time to welcome the new year we are waiting for with some live music & campfire on the hills.
01:30 Off to the tents for sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy day ends
DAY 2 - 01st Jan 2020
07:00 am Wake up call, get refreshed by a hot cup of tea and breakfast
08:00 am Move towards Kalavantin Durg, for those who would like to trek. Others can enjoy their morning at Prabalmachi
09:30 am Reach the pinnacle, bask in the majestic view from the top, take selfies with an amazing background
10:00 am Start the descend towards Prabalmachi
11:00 am Reach Prabalmachi, Campsite
11:30 hrs Start to descend towards Thakurwadi (After a mandatory group pic!!!)
12:30 hrs Reach Thakurwadi, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Panvel in our transfer vehicle. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning.
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by private vehicle.\
- 1 Breakfast- Sunday
- 1 Dinner - Buffet (Veg/Non-Veg) (Saturday)
- Tent 2 People Sharing Basis. (Blanket, Mattress)
- Live Guitarist
- Adventure Equipment
- Toilet Facilities
- Basic First Aid
- Guide and expertise charges.
- Forest Entry Fee
- extra meals cold drinks.
- water bottles
- anything not mentioned above
- confirmation only after full payment
- On a first come first serve basis, so please Register at earliest and book your tents in advance!
- booking is non-refundable.
- NOTE: entry will be confirmed only after Booking
Things to Carry
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 liters)
- Identity Proof
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits, etc.
- Jackets and woolens as it would get cold in the evening and morning.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- A haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry
sling bags or jholas
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days woolens the event date.
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot liters to another
A date against cancellation.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation. Rules and Regulations - GeneralNote: No drugs & Drinks are allowed at the campsite. If you have seen handling, consuming or appear under the influence of any illegal substances we have the right to deny you entry and ask you to leave the premises
212 total visits