Garbett Plateau is one of the most beautiful trek in Matheran. It offers a 360-degree panoramic view of the entire Matheran range, the beauty of which gets doubled in the monsoon. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district. Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with a grand view of the plateau.
Difficulty : Low|| Endurance : Medium || Type : One day Trek
Height: 2625 ft
- Hike amongst numerous waterfalls and lush green surroundings
- Mesmerizing landscapes
- 06:10 hrs CST
- 06:24 hrs Dadar
- 06:31 hrs Kurla
- 06:35 hrs Ghatkopar
- 06:50 hrs Thane
- 07:10 hrs Kalyan
- 07:51 hrs Bhivpuri Road
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
If you miss the train you miss the trek!
Batch 1: 29th June
Batch 2: 21st July
Batch 3: 15th Aug
- 06:10 hrs Catch the 6.10 Karjat Fast local leaving from CST at 6:10 hrs from your respective stations
- 07:51 hrs Meet Wandering Souls team at Bhivpuri Road station, we will start our trek after having breakfast and brief introduction
- 08:45 hrs Start the trek
- 12:00 hrs Reach the mesmerizing Garbett plateau. Enjoy the panoramic view
- 13:00 hrs Have lunch, explore the area
- 13:30 hrs Start towards Dasturi Naka
- 15:30 hrs Reach Dasturi Naka and leave for Neral in our transfer vehicle.
- 16:00 hrs Arrive at Neral. This brings us to the end of the trip, or rather just the beginning
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Matheran to Neral Transport
- Breakfast, Tea
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Local Guidance
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Train Tickets
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater please avoid umbrellas
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
- It is trekking activity and not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery.
- A planned activity or programs may be cancelled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances.
398 total visits