Rajgad fort, As the name, suggests King of forts. It is to the south-west 40 Kms from Pune. It boasts the highest number of days stayed by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on any fort. He spent almost 25 - 30 years approx. Rajgad is famous for its construction. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. There are the three sub-plateaux (Machee) namely PadmavatiMachee, SuvelaMachee and SanjevaniMachee, and at the center is the Ballekilla. PadmavatiMachee (north end): This machine is the site of Padmavati Temple, Padmavati Lake, ChorDarwaja, PaliDarwaja, GunjavaneDarwaja, DaruKothar (storage of arms and ammunition), Diwankhana, Rajwada (ruins), God Tale (Horse Lake), Sadar (office) and Dhalkathi (flag hoisting place).
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4182 feet.
Base Village: Gunjavne
More about Rajgad:
SanjeevaniMachee (southwest/west end): This huge, beautiful and royally constructed machine faces west and has a three-stepped (layered) fortified structure. Each of the lower levels is separated from the higher one by a fortified bastion with a gate that could be defended independently. The lowest level is beautifully fortified by double curtain walls (chilkhathi) separated by a deep trench, on average 12 feet across. One can walk between these walls. The outer wall has openings to let soldiers out for a sudden attack.
SuvelaMachee (south-east): This is another grand machine facing east with lots of secret routes and doorways. This one is a double-stepped fortified machine with the steps separated by a beautiful bastioned doorway. At the end of the first step, a hole cuts across the rock; one can sit in this hole (nedhe). The final (lowest) step like SanjeevaniMachee has a double curtain wall. To the south side of this machine, one can see a beautiful triangular bastion called Kaleswariburuz having an escape door near it. The home of the renowned military leader TanajiMalusare was on this machine.
Bale Killa (center): This is the highest part of the fort which has remains of palaces, water cisterns, and caves. It has a beautiful entrance door called Mahadarwaja. One can view the whole fort and the vast surrounding expanse.
- Departure at 6 am. from Swargate ST stand (2hrs journey for base village).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village of Breakfast. Start the Trek by 9:30 am.(3 hrs trek),
- Reach fort by 12 pm.
- Enjoy the view of the surrounding, Balekilla, machi, temple, etc. Lunch (veg) - 3 pm.
- Start the return Journey towards Pune by 5 pm.
- Reach Pune by 7:00 pm.
- We may come an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories.
- Private Transportation
- All veg meals on tour (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch).
- Expertise & Guide Charges, Permits for the Trek.
- Basic First-Aid kit.
- Once in a lifetime experience with us.
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits etc.
- Anything not included in the whats included list.
Things to Carry
- Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
- Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks
- Water bottle (at least 2 ltr) compulsory
- Electrical/ Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine.
- A sweater/warmwear/rainwear. Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleeves).
- Good trekking/sports shoes (sandals, chappals, floaters not permitted).
- Camera, Binocular (Optional).
- Identity proof (must).
- Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc.
- Pay attention to the tour leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
- No Smoking during the tour/trek.
- Roaming during the nights not permitted without our permission.
- Participants have to fill undertaking form given by Adventure Club Pune.
- Remember that this is Adventure related activity, means you are away from the comfort zone.
- We are here to provide you with the best experience & 100% safety.
- If cancellations are made 15 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- We need a minimum of 9 participants for the trek, if we didnt get sufficient bookings then we have right to cancel the trek and the full amount paid by participants will be refunded to them within 2-3 days.
359 total visits