Prabalmachi Firefly Special Camping.
Imagine a thousand twinkling lights in the forest. Enchanting right? Now imagine witnessing this phenomenon live. One of the most brilliant spectacles put on by Mother Nature at Prabalmachi, before the onset of the monsoon. This is, of course, the annual mating congregation of fireflies who descend upon this plateau to start a wonderful beginning. Their bioluminescence creates magical patterns in the dark and makes you dream with eyes open. But the magic doesn't end there. Indulge in setting up your tents, make your own barbecue as you sing under the moonlight and the starlit sky around bonfires while relishing in locally cooked food and experiencing the warm hospitality of the locals of Prabalmachi.
- Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
- Grade: Easy
- BaseVillage: Thakurwadi
- Region: Panvel
Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Cost - Per Adult Rs 1100
- 04:30 pm - Reach Thakurwadi & move to Prabalmachi.
- 00 pm Have Tea
- 00 pm - Enjoy the serene view of fireflies lightning your way at Prabalmachi.
- 09:30 pm Have dinner (Veg/Non- Veg)
- 10:30 pm - A night walk to the nearby forest area of Prabalmachi to see fireflies.
- 12:00 pm - Rest under the millions of stars, sharing your travel experiences with the likeminded people.
- 07:00 am - Wake up call. Enjoy Sunrise, Photography.
- 00 am - Freshen and have breakfast,
- 09:00 am - Start Descending the base village "Thakurwadi".
- 10:00 am - Reach Campsite.
- 10:30 am - Start the journey to Panvel.
- Evening Tea
- 1 Breakfast & Tea
- 1 Dinner (Veg-Non Veg-Jain)
- Tent Stay (Couple Tent With Blanket, Bedsheet)
- Basic First Aid
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned in Inclusions
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Valid Photo ID Proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License)
- Comfortable Footwear
- Water bottle (2 litres each person)
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Extra Set of Clothes
- Waterproof Bag
- Compulsory Torch with Extra batteries
- Blankets or (Chaddar)
- Electoral 1 pack
- Medicine if required
- Portable Mobile Charger
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Torch with extra batteries
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- Wind Cheater and Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- There is a freshen up / washroom facility at the campsite.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed; please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Alcohol not allowed.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- If the booking is canceled 10 days or before the event date then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled 5 days before the event date then no refunds will be given.
176 total visits