Skandagiri, also historically known as Kalwarbetta or Kalavara Durga is a mountain fortress located around 70 km from Bangalore. This tiring yet much rewarding trek takes you through a spectacular journey amidst the wilderness. Starting at 10 pm from Bangalore, reach the base point by midnight and hereby begins the night trek. The serene and sublime atmosphere around Skandagiri will definitely boost up your adrenaline. This 8km trek can easily be completed within 4 to 5 hours of ascending and descending. Tried and tested both by amateurs and professionals, this trek is a must for thrill seekers. The climb gets tedious as you reach the Papagni Temple, hereby offering treacherous terrains amongst the dense shrubs around. Thereafter the steep slopes may require tricky footwork till the summit. The ruined remains of Tipu Sultans fort and an abandoned fort remains at the top of the hill.
Skandagiri is famous for walking above the clouds, literally! As you reach the top, enjoy the bonfire in the starry night couched inside your sleeping bags. Wake up to experience the morning winds caressing you, as you open your eyes to get the most magnanimous sight of the sun rising above a bed of clouds, a sight so rare. The misty valley of Skandagiri is bound to leave an everlasting impression in your mind.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Best season: Nov to Feb
Distance from Bangalore: 70 Km
Trek Distance: 8 Km
10:00 PM Pickup starts from Bangalore
- 03:00 AM Reach Base (05kms trek one side)
- 06:00 AM Reach peak and relax.
- 06:15 AM Enjoy the sunrise
- 07:30 AM Descend to the base
- 10:30 AM Have BreakFast on the way.
- 12:00 PM Head back to Bangalore.
- Kengeri (11:00 PM) - Kengeri Bus Stop
- Banashankari (11:30 PM) - Bus Stop
- BTM (11:40 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- Silk Board (12:00 PM) - Silk Board Bus Stop
- Marathahalli (12:30 PM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
- Hebbal (01:00 AM)- Opposite to Esteem Mall.
734 total visits