This is a 20 hours course that will cover the following topics and guide beginners as well as intermediate level participants to take forward their passion and interest in sketching.
1. Introduction to charcoal and shading pencils: You will learn the basics of using willow charcoal sticks as well as pencils to express themselves. You will understand the basics of light and shadow and how it can be translated onto paper.
2. Life-study: You will learn to draw from observation and proportionately sketch the still life given. The still life will comprise of various textured materials which will help you understand a variety of shading techniques and nuances.
3. Perspective Drawing: You will learn one point, two-point, and three-point perspective. You will be encouraged to use your imagination to create a final picturesque sketch, having learned the basics of perspective drawing.
4. Portrait Drawing: You will learn to sketch a self-portrait using the techniques from the previous classes. Each participant will bring along a mirror and will sketch himself/herself with the material at their disposal. Portrait drawing will also cover studying individual features of the face like eyes/lips etc in various facial expressions.
Participants to bring the following material for the sessions:
- Sketchbook 160gsm or higher (any size of your choice)
- Shading pencils HB 2B 4B 6B and 8B
- Kneadable eraser
Charcoal sticks and newsprint paper for rough work will be provided
You can select any 20 hours from the below timetable for this course:
Friday 29 Nov 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 1 Dec 2-4:30 pm
Friday 6 Dec 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 8 Dec 2-4:30 pm
Friday 13 Dec 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 15 Dec 2-4:30 pm
Friday 20 Dec 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 22 Dec 2-4:30 pm
Friday 27 Dec 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 29 Dec 2-4:30 pm
Friday 3 Jan 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 5 Jan 2-4:30 pm
Friday 10 Jan 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 12 Jan 2-4:30 pm
Friday 17 Jan 10:30 am-1 pm
Sunday 19 Jan 2-4:30 pm
Ujwala Vishwanath is a cinematographer, sketcher, painter, photographer, and sculptor. She has completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Indiana University US, PG-Diploma in Multi-Media Broadcasting in Journalism from the World Media Academy & ICFJ, and Master of Fine Arts from American Film Institute Los Angeles.
Having around a decade of experience in sketching, painting, cinematography, photography, and sculpting, she continues to share her knowledge and experience through workshops, with those wanting to express themselves creatively through any of the mediums that she excels in.
33 total visits