Sondai Fort Trek
Sondai is not popular fort. Sondai is 9 km from Karjat. It offers a beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshalgad, Rajmachi, Songiri forts, and Matheran mountain range. Sondai was used as a watchtower. Sondewadi and Wavarle are the base villages of Sondai fort. Sondewadi village is situated at 1/4th height of this fort.
There are 2 water cisterns on and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands. Two more water cisterns are on the way and have potable water. Waverle is another village from where a bit difficult approach to the fort passes through the dense forest.
Sondai Fort Monsoon Itinerary
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT - Karjat local
CSTM - Karjat local timing
- 06:10 CSMT
- 06:18 Byculla
- 06:24 Dadar
- 06:31 Kurla
- 06:35 Ghatkopar
- 06:49 Thane
- 06:57 Dombivali
- 07:02 Kalyan
- 08:05 Karjat
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
- 06.05 Pune
- 06:10 Shivaji Nagar
- 06:28 Pimpri
- 06:33 Chinchwad
- 07:13 Lonavala
- 07:58 Karjat
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near the ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Sondewadi and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:30 Reach on top and explore.
14:30 Reach at Sondewadi and Lunch.
15:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
16:30 Reach at Karjat railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Sondai Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please carry packed lunch.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with good grip.
Inclusion and Exclusion
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local tumtum/bus
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- Lunch for the Day is Excluded
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you dont want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
184 total visits