Tilari Dam BioRegion
Tilari forest is located in the hilly ranges of the Konkan-Western Ghats corridor is a popular destination among nature and wildlife lovers. Situated in Dodamarg Taluka, in the state of Maharashtra and the largest one is situated in Chandgad taluk of Kolhapur District in Maharashtra constructed on Tilari River as the result of a joint project by the Maharashtra and Goa governments.
The water from this dam is distributed to both states. The dam is located near the border of Maharashtra and Karnataka and necessitated the relocation of several villages in the area. There are many reservoirs and the largest one is located near Belgaum in a village named Hajgoli in Maharashtra.
Surrounded by dense green forest, Tillari is home for a variety of animals and birds like Hornbill, Paradise Flycatcher, Drongo, Yellow-Browed Bulbul, Red-Whiskered Bulbul, Crimson-backed Sunbird, Orange-Headed Ground Thrush, Indian Scimitar Babbler and a lot more.
Tilari is also home to several animals like wild boars, antelopes, deer, monkeys, bison, elephants, tigers and leopards.
Gear up for an immersive 4-day photo tour to the Tilari Biodiversity tour and immerse yourself into the dense jungle experience with our wildlife experts.
Highlights of the Tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Mahesh Mhangore
- 4Nights and 3 days in Wild India Exploration Wildlife field station
- Rare hotspot for Aves and Reptile Watching and Photography Tour.
- Best parks to see & photograph endangered species
- Serious focus, for best bird viewing & photography.
- Jungle safaris/game drives, in an open private vehicle (gypsy).
- Average 6 Guest so no crowd. Max 10
- Best for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Less Travel, hence, Maximum time spent in the forest.
- Spacious, Air-conditioned, Innova SUV for transfers, so there is ample space for camera bags & luggage.
Itinerary for Tillari Dam Bio-region Photography Expedition
Pick up at 10 AM from Mhapusa Bus Stand, Goa
Drive to WIE wildlife Field station.
On reach, welcome drink followed by lunch.
Afternoon search for birds and reptiles in the surrounding area (Route 1)
Night search for Reptiles along with the stream.
After breakfast Trek to the adjacent forest to look for reptiles
Return for Lunch
Evening trek to the adjacent forest ( route 2 )
Return for refreshment.
Around 8 PM trek into the forest . (Route 3)
Return for dinner around 11 PM
After breakfast Trek into the forest alongside river and waterfalls.
Return to the station for Lunch
Evening Trek into the forest ( Route 4)
Return for refreshments.
At 8 pm drive to Tillari dam
Return back to the station at around 11 pm
After Breakfast small trek behind field station.
Return to the station for lunch
Pack up and depart to Mhapusa, Goa
195 total visits