Valley of Shadows
Place: Sandhan Valley
Difficulty: Medium (High Endurance)
Activities: Trekking / Rappelling
Dates-15th Nov night
29 Nov night
Sandhan Valley, situated in the western ghats of Sahyadris, is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardhara region near Samrad village (3000ft Approx), is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a combination of a canyon and a valley. Located in the Nagar district, near the famous Fort Ratangad, Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Suspense. Walking through the narrow streak of the valley with 300 ft rock walls on both the sides is a lifetime experience. Descending full Sandhan valley is always a memorable outing and the overnight stay under the sparkling sky is a sweet cherry on the cake!!
The itinerary for the Trek:
Day 0: Friday,
Catch Kasara Local staring 10:50 pm from CST.
It is advised to board the second compartment of the train from the driver side so that we can meet in the compartment itself.
Time Table -
10:50 pm: CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
12:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
Day 1: Saturday,
Reach Samrad by Private vehicle
Introductions, safety instruction, and start trekking.
Cross the valley
Rappelling in 3 patches
05:30 pm Reach base, dinner, campfire, stay
Day 2: Sunday
Wake Up early
Finish morning refreshments
Start to descend towards Dehne
Lunch and proceed to Asangaon by local vehicles
Reach Mumbai by Local train by 08:00 pm (depending upon the railway mega blocks)
1. Transportation from Kasara to base village & base village to Asangoan by Jeep/Traxx
2. Breakfast & Dinner on Day 01 (All Veg)
3. Breakfast & Lunch on Day 02 (All Veg)
4. Rappelling activity & safety equipment
5. Expertise & Guide Charges
1. Any transfer till Kasara and back
2. Lunch on Day 01
3. Anything mentioned than above inclusions
Things To Be carried:
Lunch for Saturday.
Identity proof (must)
Sleeping bag or warm material for sleeping
A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
Torch with Extra Batteries
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
3. We reserve all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer.
5. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
6. Sleeveless, low neck, figure-hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
7. Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags.
Please do not litter, we believe in the saying When you go to the mountain leave only your footprints and bring back only memories.
67 total visits