Location: Satara , Bamnoli
Category: Trekking, Boating, Forest Trail
Group size: 7-30 People Maximum
What's in there for me?
Vasota is the most popular Jungle trek in Maharashtra. Located deep within the Koyna Wild Life sanctuary, the only way to reach the base of Vasota is by a boat from Tapola or Bamnoli. Vasota is fort Situated in dense forest Surrounded by river situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. This fort is also known as Vyaghragad. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort Vyaghragad (Vyaghra means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defence. Fort is located near Bamnoli Satara, the height of this trek from Sea level 3842 Feet. Vasota is counted as one of the best treks in Sahyadri being Situated in Koyana region it offers amazing surprises by wildlife lovers. Trek through dense forest forget the distance you cover. This is every trekker's dream trek as the beauty of the fort and the surroundings will take your breath away.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Bank of Maharashtra, Shivajinagar for Punekars And Dadar railway Station for Mumbaikars.
DEPARTURE TIME: 11 PM. From Pune & Mumbai (Please arrive at least 15 min. before departure time)
Day 0 : Start Overnight Journey to Bamnoli at 11 PM (Night)
Day 1 :
- Reach Bamnoli by 5 am. Wake up call by Explorers.
- Fresh up immediately. Keep your Bedding in a bus.
- Have Breakfast . Start the trek towards to Vasota.
- Start a Memorable Backwater Journey towards Vasota by Boat.
- Reach Base of Vasota Met-Indawali. Briefing, Dos & Donts by Team
- Start the trek through dense forest.
- Reach at Vasota by 2 pm and enjoy the packed lunch. Explore the fort.
- Enjoy the Konkan view from the top of Vasota. Start Descending. Reach Bamnoli. Evening Tea & Snacks.
- Depart towards Pune/ Mumbai by 5-6 PM. Reach Pune/Mumbai by 11PM.
- We may come an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Whats Included :
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune OR Mumbai to Mumbai.
- Meals during the trek (1 breakfast,1 lunch, 1Snacks)
- Expertise & Guide Charges,
- Basic First-Aid kit.
- All Activities
- Fun and Learning experience with 100% safety.
What's Not included :
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits etc.
- Anything not included in the whats included list.
Things to Carry
- Luggage packed in big good trekking sack.
- Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required.
- Water bottle (2-3 litres) compulsory
- Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine.
- A sweater/warmwear/rainwear. Wear comfortable clothings during treks (full sleaves).
- Good trekking/sports shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted).
- Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (must) during night trek.
- Camera, Binocular (Optional)
- Identity proof (must).
- Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet.(Rentals available on demand) if required.
- Slippers (optional at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).)
84 total visits